Button cell/batteries are small round cells that can be found in everything like greeting cards, children’s books, remote controls, bathroom scales, calculators, cameras, games and playing toys but when swallowed, these batteries can be hazardous to a child’s health.
Coin sized lithium batteries possess a strong electrical charge when out of the electronic unit. If swallowed by children they become in food pipe and react quickly with saliva. This reaction causes injury to the soft tissue and can result in serious injury in just 2 hours. Continue reading “Keep your toddlers far away from Button Batteries/Cells”